Monday, March 16, 2009

Welcome!

Wow…my very own blog. I am both excited and nervous about the prospect. I have had Hannah’s website up for 5 years now and have decided to start updating and sharing our happenings through this blog instead. Thank you for everyone who has followed us at http://www.journeytohannah.com/ for so long. I will keep it up in case anyone else happens upon it and wants to follow our amazing journey thus far.

I wanted to explain the name of this blog… I recently watched the amazing movie Fireproof with my husband Pete and LOVED it. I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it. It truly is life-changing! During the movie there’s a song entitled “While I’m Waiting”. It is a fantastic song and I thought it would make a great blog address. Of course when I went to register it, the name had been taken…by someone about 4 years ago…that only posted twice. WHAT?!…Oh well…you get the point. What am I waiting for you ask? Well the final chapter of course. I am here…waiting…for whatever God has planned for my family and me. Waiting…sometimes impatiently, sometimes with awe and wonder, sometimes with great fear and trepidation, sometimes in amazement but always…waiting.
I want to include the words to the song to give you a better picture.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

It’s hard to wait on God sometimes…most of the time actually. It’s hard, but we are called to it.

This blog will be filled with my thoughts, feelings, and the many things that inspire me. I hope you enjoy it and it touches you like our website has. Have a great day and God bless.

Until then…

11 comments:

  1. I love you Baby!! I pray that you are led to write what will inspire others and honor HIM!!! You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog! "While I'm Waiting" is one of my "theme songs" for this adoption. I love the movie Fireproof & the song. I'm excited to follow your blog and all that your family has in store for the future.
    Love & Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful blog, just like you. You have a writing gift...may God bless you along the way. With Much Love, Mom P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog. It is just another example of your reaching out to others. Beautiful job!

    Love,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT! What a great title! Can't wait to follow along my friend - post often would ya! :)
    Love ya,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Congrats on your new blog!
    Sarapage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page, sis! Glad you can now accept "anonymous" comments. :-) Keep on writing! Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will put this in my favorites. Please keep writing about your experiences with Hannah! I love your writing. You have a gift! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! I'm so glad you got your blog started. I am putting it in my list of favs...can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kim, it's so nice to be able to keep up with our "away" family. Best of luck....although you don't need luck, you are a wonderful writer and speak from your heart. Can't wait to see you all. Leah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Kim! Welcome to "blog" world! It really is a beautiful blog! Looking forward to reading...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete